KDDI Wide Area Virtual Switch
- [Updated April 2017] Notice regarding termination of acceptance of new applications and the end of the service
For the Virtual Data Center Menu for KDDI Wide Area Virtual switch, new applications for the following items will end.
- As of March 31, 2017, new applications for Secure Internet are no longer accepted. Customers who are currently using the service may continue to use it. For applications for changing settings within your contract during use, contact a KDDI corporate sales representative.
- As of February 1, 2016, new applications for the File Server/File Server Entry are no longer accepted.
- As of June 9, 2014, new applications for the Virtual Server Platform are no longer accepted.
- As of June 9, 2014, new applications and applications for changes for the TV Conference service are no longer accepted. Customers who are currently using the service may continue to use it. For applications for changing settings and adding the capacity within your contract during use, contact a KDDI corporate sales representative.
As of May 31, 2016, new applications for the withF+ (ADSL connection) plan in Broadband II of KDDI Wide Area Virtual Switch are no longer accepted because of termination of new applications for the FLET'S ADSL service provided by NTT East and NTT West. Customers who are currently using the service may continue to use it.
- As of April 30, 2015, new applications for WiMAX Access and WiMAX Backup are no longer accepted.
As of September 30, 2016, new applications for LTE Access and LTE Backup are not longer accepted.
As alternatives to these services, the wireless access method, WiMAX 2+/LTE Access, in the access menu and the access option, WiMAX 2+/LTE Backup, are available. Customers who are currently using the services may continue to use them.
As of May 31, 2016, new applications and applications for changes for the L3 mode access option menu, IP Multicast Function, are no longer accepted.
Centralization of information assets growing in business ICT
1 Traffic-free function and affiliated data centers[Solution to Problem 1]
Improves cost performance of networks for customers aiming to concentrate and centralize information assets, by expanding the bandwidth for communications with numerous data centers.
2Virtual data center and cloud platform[Solution to Problems 1 and 3]
Reduces plant and equipment investment, operational burden, and costs for customers who wish to shift from data possession to data utilization, by providing a server environment that supports the traffic-free function on the backbone.
3Burst-type communication[Solution to Problem 1]
Improves network performance for customers with remaining distributed data, by expanding our best-effort bandwidth for communication with data centers and other offices.
4Plug-in function[Solution to Problems 1 and 2]
Enables the construction of a simple network for customers who wish to freely use broadband networks, by providing a virtual Ethernet network on a highly cost-effective broadband network.
5Customer premises router-free function[Solution to Problem 3]
Provides functions such as routing and access control on the network, eliminating the need for customer premises routers. This reduces equipment costs and operational burdens/costs for customers who are currently burdened with equipment configuration and management.
6L2/L3 multi-layer structure[Solution to Problem 2]
Enables the construction of an efficient, flexible network for customers who seek an optimized network that can respond to environmental changes, by uniformly providing layers, selectively and in combination, according to the scale of the office.
7Network management service - Basic plan[Solution to Problem 3]
Reduces operational burden and cost for customers who face operational challenges with their intranet, by providing integrated monitoring and operation not only for the WAN, but also for the LAN.
8Remote access gateway[Solution to Problem 2]
Supports greater speed and efficiency in business operations for customers that seek a business environment with no time or place restrictions, by providing a secure, high-speed access environment that extends outside of the office.