- Notice regarding revised charges
The INMARSAT Aero rate plan has been partly revised since August 1. 2016.
Click the link below for details.
- Notice regarding the end of the INMARSAT Aero H System (High Gain Aircraft Earth Station equipment) service
INMARSAT has decided a 2-year extension of the provision period of the INMARSAT Aero H System (High Gain Aircraft Earth Station equipment) service, which will be terminated as of December 31, 2018.
The INMARSAT service uses the INMARSAT geostationary satellite to effect communications between INMARSAT equipment and telephones, telex, data terminals, and the Internet.
There are seven main types of INMARSAT equipment you can choose from, depending on the functions you require. These are INMARSAT BGAN, INMARSAT FB, INMARSAT B, INMARSAT Fleet, INMARSAT Mini M , INMARSAT C, and INMARSAT Aero.
As the INMARSAT mobile equipment are not only easily portable, but also facilitate communications from almost anywhere on the globe except for the North and South Poles, they are frequently used by media organizations, overseas plants, academic researchers and other professionals.
INMARSAT equipment can be fitted to ships or taken ashore as portable units. For more about each feature, see the INMARSAT service comparison chart.
- The INMARSAT Mini M service will no longer be provided as of December 31, 2016.
- INMARSAT IsatPhone Pro (TM)
- INMARSAT BGAN
- INMARSAT B
- INMARSAT C
- INMARSAT Mini M
- INMARSAT FB (FleetBroadband)
- INMARSAT Fleet
- INMARSAT Aero
- INMARSAT Aero Mini M
- INMARSAT SB (SwiftBroadband)
- From Japan to Inmarsat (in Japanese only)
Phone, fax, telex, and data communication (devices capable of international communication) from Japan can perform communication with the following Inmarsat facilities.
- Inmarsat communication with cards (in Japanese only)
Inmarsat services are available using credit cards or KDDI Super World cards (pre-paid card).
- Inmarsat contracts (in Japanese only)
Check this page for contracts required to use Inmarsat services.
- For information about INMARSAT BGAN/FB service areas, refer to INMARSAT BGAN/FB services areas below.
- If you want to use INMARSAT for communications in Japan (including on-board vessels and aircraft registered in Japan), KDDI must first obtain a license for a wireless station from the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications in accordance with the Radio Act in Japan, and then you enter into an agreement with KDDI to use the facilities.
- Even if you have a license for your INMARSAT equipment for use in a country outside Japan, using it in Japan without a Japanese license is against the Radio Act.
- For further information about the necessity of a wireless station license, please see the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications home page.
- KDDI sells and hires INMARSAT terminals that are eligible for wireless station licenses from the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications.