- Announcement of Service Termination
As of September 30, 2014, new applications for the INMARSAT B service are no longer accepted and the service will no longer be provided as of December 31, 2016.
As an alternative service, INMARSAT FB (Fleet Broadband) and KDDI Optima Marine Service are offered.
Click the link below for details.
The following explains how to use the KDDI INMARSAT service from an INMARSAT B equipment.
- Turn on the equipment and face the antenna towards one of the satellites.
- Dial the KDDI Land Earth Station ID Number "003."
- Dial the code that represents the direct-dial code "00."
- Next, dial the country code followed by phone number or telex number. To call another INMARSAT equipment, dial the ocean region code for where it is located, and its ID number.
- Lastly, dial #.
KDDI Land Earth Station ID Number
|Ocean region||Atlantic Ocean - West||Atlantic Ocean - East||Indian Ocean||Pacific Ocean|
|Land Earth Station ID Number||003||003||003||003|
Ocean region code
|Atlantic Ocean - West||Atlantic Ocean - East||Indian Ocean||Pacific Ocean|
"Specify all regions/870" is a new ocean region code for faxes and telephones that automatically connects to the region where the other party's INMARSAT equipment is located.
You can also use the following codes to access a variety of services, apart from the direct-dial code "00."
|00 (telephone/telex)||Automatic connection (then enter the destination number)||The telephone or telex terminal of the addressee|
|12 (telephone only)||Information||KDDI operator|
|32 (telephone only)||Medical advice||Medical organization|
|33 (telephone/telex)||Technical assistance||KDDI operator (technology)|
|38 (telephone only)||Medical assistance||Medical organization|
|41 (telex only)||Weather forecasts||Meteorological organization||Only in Pacific Ocean Region|
|62 (telephone only)||Medical advice||KDDI operator|
|91 (telephone/telex)||Line test||KDDI exchanger||Telephones return a tone, and telexes are only available in the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean Regions and are loop tested|
- From June 3, 2013, as with medical assistance communications by dialing 38#, distress calls, emergency calls and safety communications that originate from an INMARSAT B, M or Fleet terminal to the Yamaguchi LES are directly connected to the Japan Coast Guard, not via the KDDI operator. The method of making calls from ships remains the same.