"UmiMail Service" is a mail service usable through satellite communications services like INMARSAT and IRIDIUM.
Network structural diagram (INMARSAT FleetBroadband/IRIDIUM OpenPort)
- Setup is easy
Anyone can easily install this service with the user-friendly installing wizard.
- Contributes to communications cost reduction
Automatic compressing of files and mail content reduces transmitted data size and communications costs.
- Plentiful control functions
A plentiful array of convenient control functions are available, like an alarm function that issues a warning before downloading a large file, or an alarm function that issues a warning when the mail inbox exceeds a designated data limit.
- Compatible with the USA Electronic Notice of Arrival/Departure: e-NOA/D
This service is standard and compatible for issuing the notice that is required by law when docking in the USA (e-NOA/D).
- Anti-virus equipped (optional)
Installing the anti-virus software NOD32 Antivirus protects the onboard IT environment against viruses.
Ample functions/display screen images
- You can set multiple mail accounts (sub-addresses) for one mail account (basic mail address).
- The size of mail sent from the vessel is controllable, preventing excess transmission.
- Because mail is sent from and received by the main computer hub, mail sent from client computers can be pre-checked.
- Installing the anti-virus software NOD32 Antivirus  creates a virus free environment in all onboard client computers through an automatic updating function.
- NOD32 Antivirus is optional.
Existing E&E service
Specifications & functions
A computer with following operating environment is required to use this service.
|OS||Microsoft (R) Windows Vista (R), Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 7.0 or later, 8.0 or later (Note)||Server||Microsoft (R) Windows Server (R) 2003/2008|
|CPU||2GHz and over (multiple CPU recommended)|
|Hard disk||100Mbyte free space|
|Mail software||Microsoft (R) Outlook (R) 2003/2007 (MAP)
- Depending on your version of Outlook, the account type will be POP3.