"KDDI Cloud Server Services"
The grid  environment which was configured in the KDDI domestic data center (TELEHOUSE) is provided as an IT base with built-in applications. Since the customer's data is mirrored between multiple servers in the grid, the data will never be lost even if the system fails. Furthermore, as this is a private cloud environment dedicated to each customer, it is unaffected by other subscribers' (customers') servers.
The existing Web applications of customers can also be operated on the IT base, not only the applications provided by KDDI.
The provision of the PaaS  type solution will reduce the overall costs of customers, including equipment investment costs and operating costs.
Contributions to green initiatives can also be promoted by concentration, consolidation and optimization of the system.
-  Grid: Refers to grid computing by connecting multiple computers to be managed as one computer. An efficient and highly available system environment can be achieved where multiple operating systems are operating, whether the computers to be connected are collected in a data center, or the computers are scattered across the Internet.
-  PaaS: Abbreviation for Platform-as-a-Service, and is pronounced "Perth". This service provides a series of services via a network (platform: includes multiple functions and a development environment), for SaaS where individual services are provided via a network.
Feature 1: Simple and easy system construction!
A firewall, load balancer, Web server, data base and etc. which are required to build the system, can be built and operated visually on-line with easy operation, by utilizing a "dedicated portal (web browser)" which focuses on the operability of the customers. The customer is able to use only the portion of the IT base required and the period required when needed.
Feature 2: Consideration of stable operation of the system!
A cloud type grid IT base platform is provided. The system can automatically be restored in the event of hardware failure.
KDDI performs continuous monitoring from the network to the servers 24 hours a day 365 days a year, in order to perform a centralized correspondence to trouble. If an alarm is detected, the status is checked, the trouble location is determined whether it is in the network or server, and a notification and advice is quickly sent out. KDDI also accepts requests regarding failures even when a trouble is detected by the customer.
Feature 3: KDDIs high-speed internet is also standard!!
An internet access directly connected to the high-speed backbone of KDDI is a standard feature. Excellent access can be achieved with the largest backbone structure in Japan.
Feature 4: Perfect security!
The physical security measures are perfect in the KDDI data center (TELEHOUSE) which has the highest security level environment in Japan, and has acquired the ISMS compatibility assessment system and BS7799 certification. The security measures of the system are also perfect, as the system is monitored 24 hours a day 365 days a year by "JSOC" the largest security monitoring center in Japan, managed by the Little eArth Corporation Co., Ltd. (LAC) which is a leading security company in Japan.
Feature 5: Web server appliances  are standard features!
The components which are required to construct a major system, such as a firewall, load balancer, Web server and DB are standardly offered as appliances.
-  Appliance: Refers to a dedicated computer which specializes in specific work, such as the Web or e-mail.
- Substantially reduces the costs of the network, hardware, software and labor costs.
- Secures high availability and high reliability simultaneously, as the entire system is in a redundant configuration!!
Increase in speed of business correspondence
- Greatly reduces the provisioning time when a new server is deployed.
- Reduces the provisioning time from "week, day" units to "hours, minute" units.
- Reduces the load on management, and increases the speed of business!!