CDMA Module Solution
This service is available over a broad area, supporting "CDMA 1X WIN" and "CDMA 1X."
|Communication system||Communication speed|
|CDMA 1X WIN||144kbps||2.4Mbps|
- Due to the best-effort service, communication speed is subject to the communication environment and traffic conditions.
Even within the service area, data communication may not be available in locations with weak signals.
KDDI Module Remote Management Service (KDDI MRMS)
This service allows users to monitor and operate communication module devices remotely via the Internet.
You can check the installation site (GPS information) of a product equipped with a communication module device as well as the signal condition in the surrounding area, and confirm and change the setting of communication module devices.
|Remote monitoring function||Allows users to check the received signal condition of communication module devices via a network.|
|Remote operation function||Allows users to check and change the detailed setting of communication modules via a network.|
|Monthly basic charge||¥10,000/ID|
|SMS distribution charge
(number of distributed SMS mails)
|50,001 and over||¥20,000 is added every 50,000 mails|
Supported communication modules
Earthquake Early Warning function
Earthquake early warnings released from the Japan Meteorological Agency are sent to all communication modules in the vicinity of the center of the earthquake.
- The Earthquake Early Warning released from the Japan Meteorological Agency is a notice of information of the regions expected to experience strong shakes (Intensity 4 or over) when there is an earthquake with an estimated maximum intensity of 5 or over. Earthquakes (p-wave, initial tremor) near the seismic center are captured immediately after the earthquake generation, and the location, scale, and expected intensity of shakes are automatically calculated. The information is released as soon as possible, from a few seconds to tens of seconds before the strong shakes (s-wave, mainshock) start. However, the Earthquake Early Warning may not be received before the actual strong shakes in regions close to the seismic center.
|Distributed condition||When an earthquake with maximum intensity of 5 or over occurs|
|Distributed area||Regions expected to experience shakes with the intensity of 4 or over|
|Message information||Seismic center information (intensity and expected time of shakes are not notified)|
|Message (example)||08/1/24 9:30:00 Earthquake occurred at XXX. Please be prepared for strong shakes (Japan Meteorological Agency).|
|Distribution time||Within 10 seconds from the reception of the message at KDDI (does not guarantee pre-shake notification).|
|Service charge/Information charge||Free|
- This function does not guarantee pre-shake notification.
WM-M300 WM-M320 WM-M210A WM-M200A
- The Earthquake Early Warning may not be received before the actual strong shakes in regions close to the seismic center.
- If the device is turned off or is in a location with no signal or weak signal even within the service area (tunnels, underground, etc.), the Earthquake Early Warning may not be received. In such cases, please note that the notice is not re-delivered.
- The distribution system used for this function is different from the Earthquake Early Warnings provided through a TV, radio or other communication means, and therefore the Earthquake Early Warning may not arrive at the same time as these.
- An Earthquake Early Warning that is not for the region where the user currently is may be sent.
- This service is only available within Japan (not available overseas).
- Earthquake Early Warning is free. No information and communication charges are incurred.
- KDDI assumes no responsibility for damages incurred by a customer resulting from non-delivery or delay of information due to communication or system failure, or the content of the information, or any other reasons that are not attributable to the responsibility of KDDI.
- For details of the Earthquake Early Warning distributed by the Japan Meteorological Agency, please visit the Japan Meteorological Agency website.
Due to the adoption of the gpsOne system, which uses the GPS satellite positioning information in combination with the au base station location information, approximate location can be positioned even in places like underground or indoor locations where satellite signals cannot reach, as long as the device is in the au service area. In addition, shorter time is needed for positioning compared to the conventional system of positioning only using the GPS signal.
- Location positioning is possible without a GPS unit.
Protocol conversion function 
Data transmitted from a device with embedded communication module is automatically converted to TCP/UDP protocol to be sent out as packets. This saves customer products from having a TCP/UDP stack, enabling product development with reduced cost.
- Some models may not support this function.
OTA (Over The Air) function
Lines can be opened or stopped by writing or deleting the ID information of a phone number via wireless operation.
This function can prevent communication charges from being incurred during the manufacturing process of a product or while a product is in stock.
Date & Time / Easy location information acquisition function
The accurate time information and the approximate location information based on base station can be acquired with AT commands. This enables the omission of a time server and allows users to know the location the device is used at.
- All of the indicated amounts exclude tax unless otherwise specified.