- Overview & features
- Service menu
- Cases of introduction
- Option menu
- Maintenance and monitoring system
Starting on May 14, 2012, KDDI Powered Ethernet will be added to fixed-line communications services eligible for "Smart Value - for Business." Smartphone and cloud services will be made even more or easy-to-use and affordable.
Thanks to you, KDDI was rated No. 1 in 2 categories
- No. 1 in Utilization in the Wide Area Ethernet category for 11 years running 
- No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction in the Network Service field for 3 years running 
Overview & features
No. 1 in wide area Ethernet use for 9 years running "KDDI Powered Ethernet" provides Private Leased Circuit-level high security
How "KDDI Powered Ethernet" solves your problems
With so many wide area Ethernet services available, it's hard to know which to choose
It's impossible to know how good a service is until you actually implement it. As the most selected wide area Ethernet service and the one that gives the greatest customer satisfaction, you can rest assured that "KDDI Powered Ethernet" is the right one for you.
We want to apply wide area Ethernet to our backbone network
KDDI wide area Ethernet provides a PLC level of high security with closed network and VLAN technology. Extremely reliable and boasting an actual uptime of over 99.999%, it is a service you can use without worry for your backbone network.
We want a low-cost wide area network
KDDI wide area Ethernet offers a simple pricing system that includes distance-independent access charges. The service increases bandwidth without additional costs, or cuts costs without dropping bandwidth.
What is "KDDI Powered Ethernet"?
This wide area Ethernet service provides wide area mesh networks in a one-stop solution from backbones to access lines. It delivers PLC-level high security using closed network and VLAN technology.
This is the No. 1 wide area Ethernet, rated the leader in use for 11 consecutive years  and achieving high customer satisfaction . It is highly rated for its wide service area, high level of network security, and stable communications.
-  Source: Nikkei Communication, October 2012, page 27, Corporate Network Survey, "KDDI Powered Ethernet" is No. 1 in "Wide Area Ethernet Category" for 11 consecutive years
-  Source: Nikkei Computer, August 16, 2012, 17th Customer Satisfaction Survey, No. 1 in "Network Service field" for 4 consecutive years
"KDDI Powered Ethernet" concept
Three reasons we recommend "KDDI Powered Ethernet"
1. Excellent reliability –– Highest availability rate in Japan at over 99.999%
2. One-stop solution from backbones to access lines –– Cooperation with local networks of national utility-based telecommunications carriers
KDDI cooperates totally and closely with the local networks of national utility-based telecommunications carriers to offer one-stop solutions from backbone circuits and relay networks to access lines. Thorough support both when introducing Intranet services and in the event of failure, you can safely leave your business backbones to KDDI.
3. Flexible response –– High level of freedom both at introduction and reconfiguration, and extensibility according to use
In contrast to conventional networks which are linearly connected to PLC, KDDI's VPN multipoint-to-multipoint connection assures a high level of freedom, whether it is being introduced or reconfigured.
KDDI Powered Ethernet can be used in conjunction not only with IP, but with a variety of protocols such as IPX, SNA, FNA, DEC and AppleTalk. Since it is also possible to use routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF and EIGRP, it can flexibly and extensively deal with network changes. The service displays daily, weekly and monthly graphs of traffic fluctuations by base. Extensions can be made according to use.
With ample options such as the "Dual Access Service" that provides redundant access lines and the "Free Gateway Service" that offers a free gateway connection for IP-VPN, KDDI has realized the optimum wide area Ethernet to meet customers' needs.
Advantages of introducing "KDDI Powered Ethernet"
- Strategic utilization of information
- Speedy decision-making
- Reduced communication costs
- Low TCO
- Greater business efficiency
- Improved reliability of network infrastructure
- Reduction of burden on management divisions by centralized administration of IT infrastructure
- Construction of optimum network environment