Closed Remote Gateway
WiMAX communication devices and CDMA modules
–– High-speed, secure mobile service with Closed Remote Gateway
"Closed Remote Gateway" is a high-security, remote access service provided through a non-Internet based direct connection using KDDI data lines IP-VPN and WVS  with au packet communication service (Packet WIN) and WiMAX communication that boasts of up to 40Mbps of downlink speed .
-  Due to the WiMAX service being provided based on the best effort method, communication speed may vary depending on the communication environment and traffic conditions.
-  Abbreviation for "KDDI Wide Area Virtual Switch"
System diagram of "Closed Remote Gateway"
Six reasons for using the "Closed Remote Gateway"
Reason 1: High-security network –– Customers and KDDI center connected with fixed networks
Customer offices are connected to a KDDI center by a fixed network. This structure offers a high-security communication environment.
Reason 2: WiMAX communication charges are available at packed-based flat rates –– Useful for monthly budget management
Two flat rate courses are available: A two-step flat rate starting with a monthly charge of ¥380 (up to ¥4,980) and an all-you-can-use flat rate for a monthly ¥4,480.
- * Charges include consumption taxes.
Reason 3: Communication is charged by packet –– No worries about the connection time
au packet communication charge is charged by the transmitted and received data volume (packets). Use data communication without worrying about connection time.
Packet-based flat rates and discount services are also available.
Reason 4: High-speed, large-capacity mobile data communication environment provided based on WiMAX communication –– A stress-free speed of 40 Mbps max downlink speed
A downlink speed of up to 40 Mbps is realized with the use of "WiMAX", a best-effort, high-speed mobile communication, for your stress-free data communication.
- * Due to the WiMAX service being provided based on the best-effort method, communication speed may vary depending on the communication environment and traffic conditions.
- * The service area of WiMAX connection is planned for future expansion.
Reason 5: Extensive service area
Like au voice calls, the service area of CDMA module connections cover the whole of Japan.
Reason 6: One contract with the Closed Remote Gateway provides for both WiMAX connection and CDMA module connection
Although both types of connections are available, you may also select either of the two connection types.
Contract plans for WiMAX devices
Three contract plans are available for WiMAX devices for using WiMAX connection with Closed Remote Gateway to suit your usage conditions.
- For lowest initial costs –– Plan 1: WiMAX line + WiMAX device (no maintenance)
- For full maintenance service –– Plan 2: WiMAX line + WiMAX device (package solution contract)
- Plan 3: WiMAX line only (WiMAX device is prepared by customer)
Contacts for Plan 1 and Plan 2
|Inquires by phone||Corporate Customer Center
Available hours: Weekdays 9:00 - 19:00 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
CDMA module devices
For details on CDMA modules, click on the link below.