KDDI Corporation (hereafter "KDDI") resolved at a meeting of the Board of Directors held on October 28, 2013 to introduce a special benefit plan for shareholders.
1. Purpose for Introducing Special Benefit Plan for Shareholders
The purpose for introducing this special benefit plan for shareholders is to express KDDI's appreciation for shareholders' ongoing support of KDDI and to increase the attractiveness of investing in its shares so that a greater number of people will hold KDDI's shares for extended periods. The plan is also intended to enhance shareholders' understanding of the KDDI Group's operations.
2. Overview of the Special Benefit Plan for Shareholders
(1) Shareholders Subject to Plan
The plan is available to shareholders whose names are recorded in the Registry of Shareholders as of March 31 of each year and who hold one trading unit (100 shares) or more of KDDI's shares.
(2) Content of Special Benefit Plan for Shareholders
Shareholders who hold one trading unit (100 shares) or more of KDDI's shares are eligible to receive coupons  good toward the purchase of an au handset, with the coupon amount depending on the number of shares held  and the holding period .
|Less than 1 year
||From 1 to 5 years
||5 years or more
|Number of shares held
|2,000 or more
-  Coupon use is subject to the following conditions.
- ･ Coupons may be used when making a new application for or upgrading an au handset with a subscription contract.
- ･ Coupons are valid for one year from their date of issuance.
- ･ These coupons may not be used in conjunction with other coupons and multiple coupons may not be used at the same time. In some cases, they also may not be used in conjunction with other schemes.
- ･ In the event that the au handset price is less than the discount price of the coupon, the au handset price shall be taken as the maximum discount amount.
- ･ Only one coupon may be used for a single transaction.
- ･ This offer is not applicable to au shops in Okinawa Prefecture.
- ･ Please confirm with shop staff concerning other contract-related costs.
- ･ Further details will be provided when the coupons are sent.
-  The number of shares held is as of March 31.
The holding period indicates the number of consecutive years in which the name recorded in the Registry of Shareholders corresponds to the same shareholder number.
The calculation period includes the period prior to the introduction of the special benefit plan for shareholders.
(3) Presentation Period
Coupons will be sent to shareholders in late June of each year, along with their statement of dividends.
3. Benefit Commencement Period
The first shareholders eligible for benefits shall be those whose names are recorded in the Registry of Shareholders as of March 31, 2014.
- * The special benefit plan for shareholders described in this document is based on a Board of Directors resolution at a meeting on the date indicated in the opening sentence. The benefit system itself may be revised or discontinued at some point in the future, depending on such factors as trends in operating performance and changes in corporate policy.