- Handling of Personal Information in Telecommunications Business Field
- Handling of Personal Information in Installment Sales and Individual Financing Agency Business Fields
- Handling of Personal Information in Bank Agency Service and Insurance Agency Service Fields
1. Intended Purpose of Use of Personal Information and Presence/Absence of Contract
We handle personal information for the installment sales and individual financing activities that we perform when providing the services set forth in Attached Sheet 1. The tables below list the operations that use personal information, as well as the types of personal information used for each operation. The operations are contracted out, either in full or in part. Installment Subscriber refers to a party who has entered into (or applied to enter into) an installment sales contract or individual financing contract (hereinafter referred to as "Installment Contract, etc.") with us, and it refers to the installment subscriber and the addressee of a bill.
|Operation that uses personal information||Service information||presence/absence
|1. Operation related to installment payments for installment sales or individual financing||(1)-(8)||Present|
|2. Operation related to customer service||(1)-(9)||Present|
|3. Operation for examination related to installment sales and individual financing||(1)-(9)||Present|
|4. Operation for provision of information on current services, new services and new menu||(1)-(2)||Present|
|5. Operation related to questionnaires||(1)-(2)||Present|
|6. Operation related to products, services, events, and campaigns in an effort to promote the use of services||(1)-(2)||Present|
|7. Operation related to development of new services as well as evaluation and improvement of service quality||(1)-(2)||Present|
|8. Other business purposes stipulated in the regulations for installment sales and individual financing||(1)-(8)||Present|
|Personal information to be used||Source|
|(1) Name and address of installment subscriber||Subscriber|
|(2) Installment subscriber's phone number, mail address and contact phone number||Subscriber|
|(3) Installment subscriber's place of work||Subscriber|
|(4) Date of birth and gender of installment subscriber||Subscriber|
|(5) Information in the installment subscriber's identify verification documents (driver's license and certified copy of registry, etc.)||Subscriber|
|(6) Information from the installment subscriber's residence certificate and certified copy of registry obtained by making an inquiry at a public institution||Public institution|
|(7) Installment subscriber's bank account number, account holder's name, and credit card number, which are required for billing||Subscriber|
|(8) Details of installment contract (date of contract, type of contract, purchase amount, number of payments, scheduled date of final payment)||Subscriber|
|(9) The Installment Subscriber's history of credit use and past status of repayment of debt registered with the Membership Credit Information Reference Center, etc. ||Membership Credit Information Reference Center, etc. |
-  Refer to Paragraph 3 for information about the Membership Credit Information Reference Center, etc.
2. Shared Use of Personal Information
We share personal information on customers as follows:
- Particulars and intended purpose of use of personal information is specified in Paragraph 1.
- We will share personal information with the OKINAWA CELLULAR TELEPHONE COMPANY.
- KDDI will be responsible for the management of personal information collected on customers.
3. Provision and Registration of Personal Information to Membership Personal Credit Information Reference Center
We, pursuant to the provisions of the Installment Sales Act, register and provide personal information of the Installment Subscriber to the personal credit information reference center of which we are a member (hereinafter referred to as "Membership Credit Information Reference Center"). In addition, the relevant information is used by the Membership Credit Information Reference Center and by other personal credit information reference centers affiliated with the Membership Credit Information Reference Center (hereinafter referred to as "Affiliated Personal Credit Information Reference Centers"; together, the Membership Credit Information Reference Center and Affiliated Personal Credit Information Centers are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Membership Credit Information Reference Center, etc.") in the examination of the Installment Subscriber's ability to pay and/or repay.
The following information is provided to the Membership Credit Information Reference Centers:
- Information that identifies an individual, such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, place of work, work phone number, driver's license number, etc.;
- Information concerning the details of the contract, such as the type of contract, date of contract, amount of contract, amount of loan, product name and quantity, as well as the number of payments;
- Information concerning the status of payments, such as available credit, outstanding installment balance, estimated annual amount due, due dates, date of final payment, and overdue payments; and
- Information pertaining to any investigation being undertaken regarding a complaint, etc. made about information related to payment status (including an offer of defense for suspension of payment).
The registration periods for information provided to Membership Credit Information Reference Centers are as follows:
|Registered information||Registration period|
|1. The fact that an application related to the Installment Contract, etc. has been made||Six months from the date we made an inquiry at the Membership Credit Information Reference Center|
|2. Established facts of transaction related to the Installment Contract, etc.||During the term of the contract and no more than 5 years after the expiration or termination of the contract|
|3. Fact of overdue payment||During the term of the contract and for 5 years after the expiration or termination of the contract|
Membership Credit Information Reference Center, etc.
a) Membership Credit Information Reference Center
CREDIT INFORMATION CENTER CORP. (Membership Credit Information Reference Center designated under the Installment Sales Act)
Shinjuku First West Bldg., 15th Floor, 1-23-7, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8375, Japan
b) Affiliated Credit Information Reference Center
- Japanese Bankers Association Personal Credit Information Center
1-3-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8216, Japan
- Japan Credit Information Reference Center Corp.
Kanda Shinko Bldg., 2-1, Kandatamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0042 Phone:
4. Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization and Contact Point for Requesting Settlement of Complaints
The accredited personal information protection organization of which we are a member and the contact point for requesting settlement of complaints is:
Organization name: Japan Consumer Credit Association