Jibun Bank Corporation is pleased to announce that it has today started accepting applications from customers for new accounts and has launched full customer services via mobile phones (au, NTT DoCoMo, and Softbank Mobile), the Internet (PCs), and the telephone (IVR/operator).
At the same time, KDDI Corporation and the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ have started marketing and opening accounts for Jibun Bank as bank agents.
Making the most of mobile phones, Jibun Bank is striving to become a financial institution with top customer satisfaction - a "personal bank for each individual customer" - providing high-quality financial services that are both convenient and secure.
1. Method for opening an account
- When opening an account at Jibun Bank, customers don't have to register their seal and signature.
- Applications for new accounts are accepted in various formats including "quick account opening" using the Jibun Bank Book software, a specialized software making it even easier to access Jibun Bank services, "mobile phone order" through the mobile-phone Internet site, "computer order" through the Internet website, and "mail order" through the land mail. Please refer to the Jibun Bank website for details.
2. Customer Channels
- In addition to Jibun Bank's own channels through mobile phones, Internet (PCs), and telephones, KDDI and the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ will provide customers with access to Jibun Bank accounts as bank agents.
- KDDI will encourage new clients for the Bank with marketing activities through various media including direct mail, a specialized call center for answering questions and offering information, and content on the au mobile phone portal site au one. At the same time, KDDI will introduce PR activities, which include TV commercials and setting aside ad space at au shops.
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFU will provide information about Jibun Bank through demonstration models and specialized pamphlets at its almost 670 branch offices, headquarters, and ATM corners as well as accepting applications for accounts.
3. Product and service lineup
The following products and services are being provided with the launch of customer services.
- Yen deposits - ordinary and time deposits.
- Transfers - mobile phone number transfers (some services require au Information Link services and Jibun Bank Book software) and bank account number transfers.
- ATM transfers - deposits, withdrawals, and balance inquiries, which can be carried out at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Seven Bank, and Japan Post Bank ATMs.
- Charging electronic money Edy (some services require au Information Link services and Jibun Bank Book software).
- In the future, additional services will gradually be added, including foreign-currency-denominated deposits, credit card loans, credit cards, financial product intermediation, and sales of insurance.
4. Security functions
- Numerous safety functions are available, including ATM Lock and Computer Lock (both requiring au Information Link services), and transaction notification through mobile phone text messages so that customers can use the convenient Jibun Bank with peace of mind.
- In addition, au Information Link Service increases the convenience and safety of mobile phone banking by linking customer's au contract information with bank transactions after Jibun Bank receives the consent of the customer. This service further raises the level of security through various functions such as making it impossible to access mobile phone banking (including the Jibun Bank Book software) with a mobile handset other than the registered one.
- There is also a Jibun Bank Payment service, which makes it possible to easily and quickly make payments for shopping and auctions on EZweb, including au Shopping and au Auctions.
- The number of Internet shops that this can be used with is gradually expanding.
6. Start-up campaign
- With the launch of customer services by Jibun Bank, KDDI, and the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, an account opening campaign is being conducted in which customers opening new accounts receive up to 1,500 yen in presents. Customers opening a new account receive 500 yen, and customers applying for the au Information Link service receive an addition 1,000 yen present. For details on terms and period, refer to the Jibun Bank website.
7. Launch of the Jibun Bank Information Counter
- The Jibun Bank Information Counter is also launching at Jibun Bank headquarters in Shibuya near the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Plus Shibuya Branch Office and the KDDI event space.
- At the Jibun Bank Information Counter, specialized staff are pleased to provide information on Jibun Bank products and services with hands-on demonstrations and pamphlets as well as accept applications for new accounts.