(1) Service content
By simply processing an easy initial setup on your au smartphone and a computer, then connecting to a WiMAX/Wi-Fi communications environment from your smartphone, "au one Photo Air" lets you have photos and videos saved on your phone automatically backed up to the computer you designate without having to manually operate a smartphone application. Also, simply by connecting to that same WiMAX/Wi-Fi communications environment, you can upload photos and videos to albums on social networking services like Facebook and Picasa™.
- * Eye-Fi server can save an unlimited amount of data for 7 days. After saving data on the Eye-Fi server, if the phone is not connected to a communications network or if the designated computer is not turned on for 7 days, the data saved to the Eye-Fi server will be deleted.
- * For 3G communications, manual backup to a computer is possible.
- * If Wi-Fi communications are used and the smartphone and designated computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, photos and videos are forwarded directly from the au smartphone to the computer without going through the Eye-Fi server.
- * If the designated computer is turned off, photos and videos will be downloaded from the Eye-Fi server when the computer is turned on.
- * Photo and video files must be under 2 GB per file.
- * Data that can be backed up is limited to photos and videos saved in the au smartphone gallery.
(2) Compatible file formats
Videos: mpg, mov, flv, wmv, avi, mp4
(3) How to use
A. Install application in an au smartphone.
- * An e-mail address for the designated computer must be entered when installing. Also, if usage of the function for automatic upload to a social network service is desired, the function usage preference should be set when installing the application.
B. An e-mail address containing the URL for installing the software will be sent to the designated computer.
C. Install the software in the computer and use.
2. Service fees
This service will be free until February 2012 (date subject to change). Service fees after the free trial period will be announced separately via the KDDI website, etc.
- * Packet communication fees are charged separately.
3. Compatible phone models and computers
Smartphones: smartphones with au Android™ (OS 2.2 and later) Computers: Windows® XP SP3, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Mac OS X (10.5 & 10.6)
4. How to access
Search for "au one Photo Air" in "au one Market"
- * The AQUOS PHONE IS13SH, ARROWS Z ISW11F, and DIGNO ISW11K models can access via the application shortcut on the home screen.
- * Eye-Fi is a trademark or registered trademark of Eye-Fi Inc.
- * Android is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
- * WiMAX is a trademark or registered trademark of WiMAX Forum.
- * Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- * AQUOS and AQUOS PHONE are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sharp Corporation.
- * Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
- * Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows7 are registered trademarks in the U.S.A. and other countries for Microsoft Corporation U.S.
- * Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.