KDDI and OKINAWA CELLULAR TELEPHONE COMPANY will launch the high-speed data communication service with a maximum downlink speed of 100Mbps (Note), expanding the 4G LTE service which is based on the next generation high-speed communication standard, LTE (Long Term Evolution). The service will be started in some areas in Shikoku first and will be expanded nationwide after June 2013.
Details of the service areas will be provided on the au home page.
* As of May 20, 2013
- iOS iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad Retina Display model
- Android™ HTC J One HTL22, Xperia UL SOL22, AQUOS PHONE SERIE SHL22, URBANO L01
- (Note) The maximum communication speed varies depending on areas or terminals used. The communication speed is not the actual communication speed, but the maximum value based on the technical standards. The actual speed may fall short of the maximum for various reasons, including the customer's communication environment and traffic conditions. The maximum uplink speed is 15Mbps.
- * "The service name "4G LTE" conforms to the statement of the International Telecommunication Union that has approved LTE to be called "4G".
- * Android is a trademark or a registered trade mark of Google Inc.
- * iPhone, iPad, and iOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc.