|KDD Corporation is to execute a reorganization of Marketing & Sales Unit effective June 1, in anticipation of merging with DDI CORPORATION (DDI) and CORPORATION (IDO) this October and in an attempt to expand and reinforce its marketing structure.
1. Basic Concept
(1) KDD is to reorganize itself, corresponding to DDI's existing marketing organization, with an aim to further promote joint marketing business with DDI and to make full use of synergy effect in advance.
(2) To date KDD's Business Communications Department and Tokyo Regional Office have shared the marketing business in Tokyo area. However, in an effort to meet customers' diversified needs quickly and to perform the marketing business more effectively, KDD will incorporate them into one and streamline the marketing organization, corresponding to marketing area.
(3) KDD's Business Communications Department will strengthen its cooperation with Network Solutions Department and assume marketing business specialized to solution business in order to cope with corporations' IP business and the needs for network solutions.
2. Outline of Reorganization
(1) KDD is to reorganize "Telephone Business Division" and "Multimedia Business Division," which have been separately formed by service category. Specifically, it will renew the organization of Product Management & Promotion Department and Multimedia Service Department based on their functions, and establish "Service Planning Department," which will be engaged in planning and development of services, and Sales Promotion Department, which will be responsible for accelerating sales activity.
(2) KDD will also reorganize Business Communications Department and Tokyo Regional Office, and establish "Tokyo Regional Business Communications Department" as a department in charge of marketing in Tokyo area. Business Communications Department will concentrate on solution business.
Outline of New Organization under Marketing & Sales Unit