What is Metal-plus Phone?
The Metal-plus Phone is a telephone line service supplied via a KDDI independent network without relying on an NTT line. By connecting customers directly to KDDI's high quality IP network without going through an NTT telephone switch, KDDI has lowered costs and actualized an inexpensive and easy to understand rate system. You can use this service without changing your phone number or model.
* This service is not available in some regions.
Save on basic rates!
- Residential class three station rates (Residential class one and two station rates: ¥1,680/month; rates different for dial lines). ¥115.5 is cut when using @ Billing and MY Billing (@ Billing and MY Billing might not be eligible depending on the line type used and corresponding station).
- The above rates only apply for account transfers and credit card discounts.
- Additionally, ¥3.15/month (from July, 2012) is charged for 1 telephone number as a universal service fee. See "Universal service system" for details.
Save on calling rates!
Earn more savings by the combined use of Metal-plus Phone and au mobile phone!
KDDI Collective Billing Service combines au mobile phone bill and Metal-plus Phone bill into a single bill!
- Earn a discount of ¥105 on your monthly basic rates by subscribing to the KDDI Collective Billing Service!
- Simple management with a single combined bill!
- Points earned through the au Point Program and KDDI Point Strategy can be combined!
Additionally, a further discount will be offered on domestic calls by subscribing to the KDDI Collective Billing Service! "au Collective Talk"
- "au Collective Talk" which offers a discount on domestic calls for 24 hours will be applied!
- With the use of "au→ My Home Discount", domestic calls made from your au mobile phone to your home become free for 24 hours. Within Japan.
Easy to use!
You can continue using the current phone number of NTT subscriber phone  and telephone equipment. There is no change in the way you make calls. Convenient functions equivalent to those offered for NTT subscriber phone are available.
No need to change phone number and telephone equipment
Metal-plus Phone can be used just like your current phone!
- Local calls, long distance calls, international calls, calls to IP phones, calls to mobile phones and PHS, and emergency calls (110, 118, and 119) are all available.
- KDDI performs the necessary procedure to halt the NTT East or NTT West subscriber phone service through Number Portability on behalf of customers .
- If you subscribe to the Metal-plus Phone only, the currently-available ADSL service becomes no longer available, regardless of whether you use au one net or other service providers. If you want to continue using the ADSL service, make sure to subscribe to the ADSL one service simultaneously.
- In case that your current phone number becomes unusable under this service, KDDI will provide a new phone number.
- The construction cost to halt the subscriber phone service (¥2,100) will be charged by NTT East or NTT West.
- ADSL one
/Metal-plus Phone course (dial-up)
KDDI offers the ADSL service and dial-up service through Metal-plus Phone lines. If you subscribe to one of these services in addition to the Metal-plus Phone service, usage charges will be combined into a single bill .
- Application questions
If you have questions about services, such as questions about service content or which service is best for you, please contact KDDI from the "Application questions" link.
- This service is an analog line service. It does not cover i-numbers and ISDN usage. Also, some services may not connect.
- All of the above-mentioned charges include applicable taxes. Please note that the amount shown here is the total amount including the approximate amount of consumption tax and it may differ from the actual billed amount.
- All company names, product names, and service names herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Rates and services may change without prior notice.