01. Until now, a phone call is transmitted through NTT East/NTT West's communication facility and a relay telephone company chosen for MYLINE etc. This causes users to pay basic rates for NTT East/NTT West in addition to the payment to the relay telephone company. With Cable-plus Phone, KDDI provides the portion equivalent to NTT East/NTT West subscriber lines through partnership with cable television companies, reducing its basic rate than before. In addition, KDDI reduces calling rates by using its own high-quality IP network as relay telephone network. Accordingly, a fee structure that is less expensive and simpler than ever before has been established.
03. This service can be used by residents who live in CATV companies' service areas. Cable-plus Phone is a service for home use. Thus, services equivalent to those offered for business use, such as switchboard number or dial-in services, are not available.
09. No. You can continue using the current phone if there is a terminal connectable to a plug-in phone jack except for some types of telephone equipment (e.g. ISDN dedicated telephone equipment, entry phone equipped with telephone function).
This service can be used from telephone equipment connected to premises equipment (a cable modem equipped with telephone function).
14. If a cable modem equipped with telephone function and telephone equipment are installed at a distance, you can extend a phone cable to connect (please prepare the necessary length of a phone cable in advance).
17. Local calls and in-prefecture long distance calls cost ¥8/3 minutes, while out-of-prefecture calls cost ¥15/3 minutes. Calls to mobile phones and international calls are charged per minute.
Local call/In-prefecture long distance call
To au mobile phones
To other carriers' mobile phone
International calls to the U.S. mainland
¥9/1 minute (tax exempt)
The actual amount charged is calculated using the tax rate calculated from the total amount of the individual tax-excluded charges and rounded down to whole numbers. Please note in advance that the amount may differ from the total amount in a bill.
19. The dialing method is the same as the standard method (However, caution is required if you are currently using the following dialing methods).
This service is unavailable with ISDN-specific dialing method (e.g. add "*" to a phone number to connect).
Other companies' phone services are not usable if you add a service supplier identification number (0033 etc.) to a phone number to connect (Such a call is made from Cable-plus Phone, and calling charges for Cable-plus Phone are applied).
21. KDDI offers the "Call-waiting" service. When you receive a call from another person during the call, this service allows you to put your first call on hold and answer the second one, just like the "Catch phone" service.
22. If you use telephone equipment with ACR function, it is recommended to deactivate it in advance. Make sure to read telephone equipment's instruction manual before deactivating the function.
If you add a service supplier identification number (0033 etc.) to a phone number to connect, such a call is made from Cable-plus Phone, and calling charges for Cable-plus Phone are applied.
30. When you add a service supplier identification number to phone numbers which can be used with Cable-plus Phone, such as autodial numbers for local, long distance, mobile phone and international calls, such calls will be made using Cable-plus Phone and the calling rate for the Cable-plus Phone service is applied.
This also applies to the case where a number is automatically dialed with telephone equipment's ACR function etc.
33. Yes. Connect a SKY PerfecTV!'s tuner to a telephone equipment port of a cable modem equipped with telephone function.
However, note that this service can be affected by your home environment, telecommunication equipment, and line condition.
36. Yes. However, predefined calling rates are applied. For weather forecasts, you can listen to information in a specific region if you dial the area code for that region before dialing 177 (you will be charged for a long-distance call to the region for the area code you have dialed).
Check KDDI incoming call history with your au mobile phone 
Unconditional forwarding, Busy-line forwarding, Scheduled forwarding are available. These services differ from NTT subscriber phone's Voice Warp in terms of functionality.
To activate the incoming call notification function, the setting for activation with a registered au mobile phone is required. You can select from "Notification of all calls", "No reply (including the case when the line is busy)", "No notification". The setting can be modified with a touch-tone phone or on the Self Page and the EZ Self Page. As information pertaining to the privacy (such as time/date to receive a call, caller's ID) will be sent to your au mobile phone, please make sure to let us know your au mobile phone number accurately at the time of application.
01. If you switch over from an NTT subscriber phone, you need to cancel or temporarily suspend NTT East/NTT West's line.
If you continue using the NTT subscriber phone number, KDDI handles the processing for cancellation or temporary suspension at the time of application for Cable-plus Phone. If you already have a telephone subscription right, KDDI handles the procedure for temporary suspension. If you do not have a telephone subscription right (for instance, if you have subscribed to the "Analog Lite Plan (Kanyu Denwa Lite Plan)"), KDDI handles the procedure for cancellation (that is, you do not have to apply for the cancellation or temporary suspension on your own).
If you don't want to (or cannot) continue using the NTT subscriber phone number, you are required to contact NTT East/NTT West applying for the cancellation or temporary suspension on your own. Please take care that neither your cable television company nor KDDI will proceed.
To suspend a NTT's telephone subscription right, please note the followings:
Temporary suspension fee
Temporary suspension fee of ¥2,000 is separately charged by NTT East/NTT West.
Temporary suspension notice
Temporary suspension notice is sent by NTT East/NTT West. This temporary suspension notice will be required in the future when you use NTT East/NTT West's service again. So please keep it in your records.
Usage suspension period
The usage suspension period for NTT East/NTT West's subscriber phone is, in principle, 5 years.
Even after 5 years, the suspension period can be extended if you notify NTT East/NTT West. Please be aware that if you fail to notify them, your phone subscription right may become invalid. Contact NTT East/NTT West for more details.
03. If you want to use Cable-plus Phone instead of the existing phone line, while retaining the current phone number, KDDI handles the processing for cancellation or temporary suspension of the existing phone line.
If you don't want to (or cannot) continue using the current phone number, you are required to contact NTT East/NTT West applying for the cancellation or temporary suspension on your own. Please note that neither your cable television company nor KDDI will take care of the procedure.
Some services are not available with Cable-plus Phone. You may want to continue using NTT's general subscriber phone line as needed (Special cautions are required for ISDN users).
04. MYLINE service (MYLINE or MYLINE PLUS) is automatically cancelled. Besides, KDDI's phone usage contract and discount services are also automatically cancelled (excluding some services such as "Kakedoku Pack").
Basic charges may be incurred for discount services offered by the other telephone company which you are currently using even after the Cable-plus Phone service begins. Thus, please make sure to complete the cancellation procedure.
05. Cable-plus Phone is a service using an analog phone line Please note that 1ch (line) is used for this service if you use 2ch. Services specific to ISDN become unavailable. Besides, ISDN dedicated phone equipment and ISDN dedicated terminals cannot be used.
06. No ringing communication service (provided by companies conducting remote meter-reading and controls for electricity, gas, water, etc.) and signal monitoring transmission services (provided by security services, etc.) become unavailable. If you are currently using one of these services, or you are not sure about it, contact your service provider (e.g. gas company, security company) by your own. In some cases, you may be charged regardless of whether you use the service or not.
08. If you continue using the current phone number provided by NTT East/NTT West, for which you've set the international call block, this setting remains valid.
If you want to set the international call block with your new phone number, or cancel the setting, contact the International Call Block Center.
10. If you have NTT East/NTT West's telephone subscription right and continue using the NTT subscriber phone number, KDDI handles the processing for temporary suspension at the time of application for Cable-plus Phone. Please note that the number portability system allows you to continue using the current phone number (however, this system cannot be applied to some phone numbers).
If you do not have a telephone subscription right (for instance, if you have subscribed to the "Analog Lite Plan (Kanyu Denwa Lite Plan)"), you are allowed to use the current phone number although the subscription should be cancelled.
If you don't want to (or cannot) continue using the current phone number, you are required to contact NTT East/NTT West applying for the cancellation or temporary suspension on your own. Please take care that neither your cable television company nor KDDI will proceed. Make sure to complete the procedure by yourself.
11. If you are renting telephone equipment from NTT East/NTT West, one of the following procedures should be taken:
If you rent telephone equipment on lease or purchase it by installment payment from NTT FINANCE COPORATION, contact the company (Phone number: 0120-866-612). The procedure to change the payment method is required.
If you rent telephone equipment (e.g. black telephone or touch-tone phone) from NTT East/NTT West, make sure to contact NTT East/NTT West (Phone number: 116) before applying for Cable-plus Phone. You will be offered whether you want to continue using the rental telephone equipment or not.
01. The Cable-plus Phone is a service for home use. Insert in the telephone book and number 104 (directory assistance) is only personal name who contract name. (applicant the system)
Please take care before applying that phone book insert to HELLOPAGE (personal name) only.
02. There is no such category mentioned above. Please note the followings before applying for the service. The Cable-plus Phone is a service for home use. Thus, services equivalent to those offered for business use, such as switchboard number or dial-in services, are not available.
02. If you connect online karaoke equipment to a phone line, it may be unusable depending on a telephone number to connect. Even if the phone number is connectable, the service may be unavailable due to the influence on the communication environment (e.g. home environment, telecommunication equipment, and line condition).
03. It may be unusable depending on a telephone number to connect. Even if the phone number is connectable, the service may be unavailable due to the influence on the communication environment (e.g. home environment, telecommunication equipment, and line condition).