01. With Metal-plus Phone, KDDI provides a portion that is comparable to the subscriber phone lines of NTT East Japan and NTT West Japan. Due to this, we achieved lower basic charges than before (Excluding class 1 residential charges). In addition, we lowered the cost for calling charges by using KDDI's high quality IP network for the relay phone network and achieved more reasonable and simpler charging system than before.
06. You can use "au one net" dial-up service.
Other providers' dial-up services may not be available depending on phone numbers to connect.
Phone numbers "0077-XXX" and "0077-80-XXXX" can be used, while other access numbers including those stating with "00XY" (nationwide) become unavailable.
Modem transmission can be affected by your home environment, telecommunication equipment, and line condition.
07. As of June 17, 2013, we are no longer accepting applications for new subscriptions, course changes, changes of line type, speed changes, or transfers for Metal-plus Phone services, ADSL one, and au one net ADSL.
11. Even if an identification number for another service supplier is attached to a phone number, if the function being used is a service provided through Metal-plus Phone, such as automatic dialing for local, long distance, mobile phone, and international calls, you are using Metal-plus Phone. In that case, be aware that Metal-plus Phone service calling rates are applied.
The same applies when automatic dialing is used through an ACR function etc. of the telephone itself.
12. You can continue using toll-free numbers and Navi Dials, KDDI FREE CALL as in the past. However, calls to some phone numbers may be restricted. Furthermore, toll-free numbers and others may be unavailable depending on a contractor's setting.
However, this can be affected by your home environment, telecommunication equipment, and line condition.
Also, if you use ADSL one, purchasing a splitter or changing your connection structure might be required.
15. Yes. You can also call 118 (Coast Guard). When you call these numbers, your information (the address, name, and phone number of the contracted party) is relayed to the emergency center you call. Even lines that are set to withhold caller ID relay your information to emergency centers unless you dial 184 (as long as you dial 184 first each time you make a call, your information is not relayed).
17. Yes. However, routine calling rates are applied. For weather forecasts, you can listen to information in a specific region if you dial the area code for that region before dialing 177 (you are charged calling rates for calls made to the region for the area code you dial).
19. KDDI provides "touch tone signal (touch tone line)" service as standard. Besides, "Caller ID display (equivalent to NTT's number display)", "Caller ID request (equivalent to NTT's number request)", "Call waiting (equivalent to NTT's catch phone display)", "Call-waiting number display (equivalent to NTT's catch phone)", "Call forwarding", "Nuisance call blocking (equivalent to NTT's nuisance call blocking service)", "Check KDDI incoming call history with your au mobile phone" are available.