KDDI Business Call Direct
Integrate au mobile phones into your office's phone extension network!
Recommended for large corporations with numerous offices and salespersons!
- Full-scale FMC (Fixed Mobile Convergence) service which enables the use of extension numbers with multiple devices, i.e. both mobile phones and landline phones.
- One and only "voice cloud" system in the industry provided through the use of au mobile phones and KDDI landline phone services. It allows users to easily construct the extension network by using au mobile phones and the existing PBX equipment.
- This service has been adopted by approx. 4,000 companies from small-and-medium-sized to large corporations in various industries. (as of October 2014)
- This service has been highly evaluated not only for "improving business efficiency" and "reducing cost", but also for "activating internal communications within a company".
au mobile phones and office phones connect with extension numbers wherever you are in Japan "KDDI Business Call Direct"
"KDDI Business Call Direct" offers the following solutions to meet your needs
Adding the au mobile phones as extensions can meet this requirement.
Wherever an employee is in the country, he or she can be reached by dialing the extension number.
With this service, calling charges for calls between au mobile phones are a flat rate, as well as those for calls between office extension phones and au mobile phones.
An extension phone network can be established between au mobile phones and other offices. The flat-rate calling charge is also applied to such calls.
What is "KDDI Business Call Direct"?
It is a service that establishes an extension line network that integrates au mobile phones into the customer's phone extension system. This network allows the use of extension numbers to call anywhere in Japan as long as the phone is in the au mobile phone service area.
Service structure diagram
- KDDI phone users can send and receive SMS on a web site exclusively accessible from a PC by using User ID to be issued for each landline extension number.
Seven reasons for using "KDDI Business Call Direct"
"SMS via extension" function
SMS can be sent/received using the same extension number as that for a voice call provided under the KDDI Business Call Direct service. This service is also available for workers who work in an office and don't have a mobile phone. These workers can send and receive SMS on a web site exclusively accessible from a PC after acquiring User ID to be linked to an extension number on a landline phone system.
- Reason 1Extension calling is now available nationwide -- Extension calls can be made between an au mobiles and office phones anywhere within Japan!
You can make a call to extension phones at your office anywhere within the au mobile phone service area in Japan. Office workers can also get in touch with other workers who are outside the office, by dialing their extension numbers.
- Reason 2SMS function improves usability -- SMS can be sent/received using extension numbers!
SMS can be sent/received using the same extension number as that for voice call. Note that KDDI phone users can also send and receive SMS on a web page exclusively for PC .
- Reason 3Cost reduction -- Extension calls and SMS communications are charged at a flat-rate!
In a group including au mobile phones and KDDI phones , voice calls and SMS transmission between au mobile phones and extension phones at an office (including those at other offices) are charged at a flat rate .
- Reason 4Connection between multiple offices -- Extension calls can be made not only within one office, but also between offices.
If you use au mobile phones and KDDI phones , extension calling is available not only within one office, but also between offices. This extension network can also be integrated with a client's own network.
- Reason 5Simple operation with the au mobile phone model of your choice  -- Select your own au mobile phone model and make a call with a simple operation!
A variety of au mobile phones are available for customers to choose from according to their needs. Extension calls can be made easily -- Just press an extension number and then a call button.
- Reason 6Optimal introduction -- Utilize the existing equipment to reduce initial and operational costs!
The amount of equipment investment can be greatly reduced by utilizing a client's PBX . In addition, you can select the most efficient line from a wide selection of KDDI phone services  according to the PBX scale.
If you have adopted the on-premise PHS system, you can replace the current devices with OFFICE FREEDOM-enabled au mobile phones and make them work as an extension in office and a mobile phone outside.
- Reason 7Reduction of traveling costs -- Audio conference calls will be charged at a flat rate!
By combining this service with the KDDI Audio Conference Service, the Audio conference service can be used from au mobile phones and KDDI phones at a flat-rate.
- Limited to KDDI Hikari Direct, au Hikari Business ("au HIKARI Chura Business" in Okinawa), KDDI Hikari Direct over Wide Area Virtual Switch, KDDI-IP phone, KDDI METAL PLUS (for business), KDDI Hikari Direct over Powered Ethernet. MYLINE services (MYLINE, MYLINE PLUS) are not applicable.
- Limited to KDDI METAL PLUS (for business), KDDI Hikari Direct, KDDI Hikari Direct over Wide Area Virtual Switch, KDDI Hikari Direct over Powered Ethernet, and KDDI-IP phone. MYLINE services (MYLINE, MYLINE PLUS) are not applicable.
- Except for outgoing calls from KDDI METAL PLUS (for business) phones and incoming calls to KDDI landline phones. However, a flat rate is applicable if you subscribe to the Business Call Flat Rates (between KDDI phones) separately.
- Although this service is available with most models, there are some models that do not support this service. Please contact our sales staff for details.
- Please refer to "Compatible PBX" to check compatible PBX products.
Benefits of introducing the "KDDI Business Call Direct"
- Improved business efficiency
- Streamlined communication between employees
- Reduced communication cost
- Reduced operating cost
- Reform to an efficient work style