Operating environment, use of cookie information, and advertising delivery
This page explains the operating environment, use of cookie information, advertisement distribution, etc. when using the following websites (hereinafter referred to as the "Site") operated by KDDI CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as "KDDI").
Customers using the Site are requested to read the following information carefully.
- KDDI website (website in the kddi.com domain)
- au website including the My au site (website in the au.com domain)
- povo website (website in the povo.jp domain)
- The following websites in the auone.jp domain
- Click here for UQ Mobile's operating environment and other information. (in Japanese only)
KDDI recommends using the following Web browsers for using this Site more safely and comfortably.
- How the content is displayed may depend on your device's settings, or the browser or application that you are using.
OS and Web browsers
|Windows||Official latest versions of the following:
|macOS||Official latest version of the following:
|Android OS||Official latest version of the following:
Standard Web browser
|iOS||Official latest versions of the following:
Some Web pages on this Site require Adobe Flash Player (Flash Player 9.0.115 or higher).
You will need Adobe Reader (Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher) to view and print PDF files. You will need RealPlayer or RealOne Player, or Microsoft Windows Media Player, or an equivalent application to view videos.
- Some Web pages require the latest version of application.
This Site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) cryptographic protocol for data transmission to protect the users' personal information.
SSL/TLS allows your name, phone number, and other personal information you may enter on this Site to be automatically encrypted upon transmission, preventing external third parties from accessing your personal information.
You do not need to change your Web browser settings to use SSL/TLS.
However, your Web browser must support SSL/TLS to use applicable services. It is therefore recommended that you use the latest version of the Web browser.
If you are connecting to the Internet through a firewall of a corporate LAN, SSL/TLS communication may not be available depending on the firewall settings.
This Site uses SSL digital certificates issued by DigiCert Japan and GMO GlobalSign, or SECOM Trust Systems.
- [Important Note]
When a server certificate is changed, websites using new server certificates may not be displayed on some au mobile phones.
Click here for more information. (in Japanese only)
After logging into this Site with your au ID, your login state continues until you log out. While you are logged in, your information is displayed on this Site.
- If you do not want to stay logged in, log out of this Site or delete your Web browser's cookies to recover your pre-login state.
Displayed customer information and any duplicated, printed or otherwise output customer information are to be managed at your own responsibility.
Cookies are information transmitted to your Web browser from the server used for the operation of this Site. Cookies are stored on your computer.
Cookies do not have any direct adverse impact on your computer.
KDDI may use KDDI's or a KDDI partner's cookies for analyzing access to this Site.
You can change your Web browser settings to block cookies. Disabling cookies does not create a significant problem in viewing this Site. For instructions on how to set up your Web browser or change your Web browser settings, please refer to the Help page of the software or contact the manufacturer.
About access data
This Site includes Web pages embedded with collection tags that compile your access data.
Access data includes the URLs of pages accessed by visitors, the date and time of access, and information that identifies the visitor's browser.
This access data is sent to third-party providers of data collection and analysis services.
KDDI uses this access data to improve customer convenience and to maintain and improve the quality of this Website. In addition, by combining the access data with cookies, personal identifiers provided by KDDI (KDDI identifiers), and customer attribute information, KDDI is able to display information on this Website that may be beneficial to each individual customer.
You can disable (opt out of) this feature via the opt-out page of the company given below. Doing so will stop KDDI from using your access data on this Website.
KDDI transmits data such as KDDI identifiers and customer attribute information to Google, Inc. ("Google" hereinafter; California, USA). In addition, Google handles KDDI identifiers, customer attribute information, and other personal information in the following manner and with the following measures to protect personal information.
- Google Terms of Service
- Compliance | Google's Efforts to Comply with Data Protection Laws (safety.google) (in Japanese only)
- In addition, the act on the protection of personal information in foreign countries to which the information is provided is as follows.
- Survey of Act on the Protection of Personal Information in the United States of America - Personal Information Protection Commission - (ppc.go.jp) (873KB) (in Japanese only)
- Survey of Act on the Protection of Personal Information in the State of California - Personal Information Protection Commission - (ppc.go.jp) (828KB) (in Japanese only)
In addition, the access data and KDDI identifiers transmitted to Google are also transmitted to KDDI by Google. KDDI links the access data and KDDI identifiers to personal information owned by KDDI in order to identify individuals. This information is used as personal information. KDDI uses access data, KDDI identifiers, customer attribute information, and personal information for the following purposes:
- Conducting marketing analysis
- Improving the quality of KDDI services (not limited to this Website)
- Displaying information that may be beneficial to each individual customer
- Adobe.com opt-out page
- User Local opt-out page (in Japanese only)
- YRGLM opt-out page (in Japanese only)
- popIn opt-out page (in Japanese only)
- Digital Advertising Consortium opt-out page
- Read "4. Informative Data Purpose of Use, Acquisition Method, and Opt-out" on the directed site and change the settings from (1) "Disable data management platform Cookies."
- Dentsu opt-out page
- MACROMILL opt-out page (in Japanese only)
- Marketo (in Japanese only)
- Clicktale opt-out page (in Japanese only)
- Access "Disable Clicktale"on the directed page.
- Even when cookies are disabled, the host name, user agent, referrer, and other information are automatically transmitted to the SyncThought or LivePerson Netherlands B.V. site from this Site for the use of search and chat functions.
You must agree to this proviso to use this Site.
Advertising delivery by advertising delivery service providers using cookies, etc.
KDDI's advertisements are posted on various websites on the Internet through KDDI's partnership with multiple advertising delivery service providers.
If you wish to opt-out, access the following opt-out pages and change the settings by following the procedure described on the respective service providers' websites.
Click here for a list of opt-out pages (in Japanese only)
KDDI may also anonymize customer information associated with au ID to prevent identification of the individual and provide the anonymized customer information to KDDI group companies for the purpose of displaying and delivering various information (including advertising) that KDDI determined to be useful to you.
If you wish to opt out from this provision, change your Web browser settings to disable cookies. For instructions on how to set up your Web browser or change your Web browser settings, please refer to the Help page of the software or contact the manufacturer.
You can view and change the use of customer information associated with your au ID.
Change my privacy settings (in Japanese only)