KDDI Environmental Charter is composed of two tiers, the Manifesto (Approach to Global Environmental Problems) which is the highest concept, and the Action Guideline for defining the direction of concrete initiatives.
KDDI Group recognizes the importance of fulfilling its duty as a responsible global corporate citizen to conserve and protect the Earth's irreplaceable environment so that it can be inherited by future generations. We are committed to pursuing our business in eco-conscious ways, through programs of activities that span the entire company.
- We will strive to evaluate the quantitative impact of our activities as a company on the global environment, implement effective environmental protection programs and continuously improve these programs. Specifically, we will:
(1) Develop and operate environmental management systems necessary to make continuous improvements in such environmental fields as energy conservation, resource conservation and waste reduction.
(2) Comply with environmental laws, ordinances and other regulations and requirements. In particular, we will promote measures to reduce our electricity consumption from the perspective of preventing global warming.
(3) Promote communication through the appropriate disclosure of information.
- We will strive to develop and offer services that reduce environmental impact through the use of next-generation information technologies.
- We will contribute to the development of a recycling-oriented society by promoting measures to mitigate and reduce the environmental impact of activities that necessarily entail mass consumption, such as the supply of mobile handsets.
- We will promote corporate purchasing policies that favor eco-friendly products and equipment.
- As a responsible corporate citizen, we will contribute to society and local communities through activities that promote an affluent society that is in harmony with the environment.