KDDI Open Innovation Fund III Invests in Timee, Inc., Provider of "Timee" Short-Term Freelance Job Matching Service
August 30, 2021
KDDI has concluded an investment agreement with Timee, Inc. (Headquarters: Toshima-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Ryo Ogawa; hereinafter "Timee"), which operates the "Timee" job matching service for people seeking immediate short-term work and employers seeking immediate workers, and also entered into a basic agreement for the purpose of considering the possibility of a business partnership. The agreements were implemented through KDDI Open Innovation Fund III (operated by Global Brain Corporation; hereinafter "KOIF III"), which aims to incubate new business co-creations with promising venture startups.
The "Timee" short-term freelance job matching service enables job seekers to find work immediately without any application or interview simply by choosing a job, and also receive payment immediately upon completion of the job. In addition, companies can specify conditions such as working times and required skills, so that they can be matched with appropriate workers automatically.
The spread of COVID-19 has made it a challenge to provide new employment opportunities, and has also led to a serious labor shortage in some industries such as the logistics industry. Timee aims to solve social issues by providing a new work style.
Through this investment and basic agreement, KDDI will utilize its assets in support of expanding Timee's business, through cooperation in establishing lifestyle support for workers and developing connections with companies that are hiring.
- ■Details of basic agreement
1. Study business in areas related to lifestyle support for workers
2. Study business in areas related to jointly developing connections with companies that are hiring and supporting the business operations of companies that are hiring
As "the company that customers feel closest to," KDDI will continue to promote business co-creation through investment in promising startup companies, and create new business models together with customers and partners.
- ■Overview of Timee
- ■About KDDI Open Innovation Fund
- KDDI Open Innovation Fund is a corporate venture fund that supports a broad range of venture companies. The currently active KDDI Open Innovation Fund III focuses on the areas of AI, IoT, data marketing, fintech, B2B SaaS, and entertainment with a total operating fund of 20 billion yen.