KDDI provides the Cable-plus Phone service in conjunction with various cable television companies. In this service, a line corresponding to NTT East/NTT West's subscriber phone line is offered through partnership with each CATV companies. Thus, basic rates and calling charges become lower than ever before.
It can calls free of charge more than 6.2 millions households throughout Japan.
Get a discount on domestic calls by registering your au mobile phone as a contact phone number for Cable-plus Phone!
- Advantage 1
- Save on basic rates!
Monthly basic charges of the Cable-plus Phone service are uniform throughout the country at ¥1,463 .
Far more reasonable than NTT basic charges.
- In the case of third-class station for residence (first- and second-class stations for residence: ¥1,760/month; the rate differs for dial line). ¥121 is reduced when using @Billing or MY Billing services (the discount may not be applicable for @Billing or MY Billing services depending on your line type and station class).
- Universal service Fee and Telephonerelay service Fee are separately incurred.
- Advantage 2
- Save on calling rates!
Get great discounts by subscribing to the Cable-plus Phone service.
The discount rate is applied not only to domestic calls to general subscriber phones, but also international calls and calls to mobile phones regardless of time zone.
Calls to general subscriber phones, international calls
Calls to mobile phones
- Applicable to NTT general subscriber phone users who have registered KDDI to MYLINE.
- Under the condition that the maximum discount rate (50%) of "DANZEN TALK II DX" and "DANZEN NENWARI" is applied.
- The calling rates are applied to calls made when the location of both general subscriber phone (caller) and mobile phone (callee) are within a service area specified by each of the telecommunications carriers.
- The calling rates are applied to calls with a "0077" prefix before dialing a callee's mobile phone number.
- Charges for domestic calls include tax unless otherwise specified.
- Charges for international calls are exempted from taxes.
- Advantage 3
- Call free of charge for 24hours  
It can calls free of charge more than 6.2 millions households throughout Japan. 
It can calls free of charge whenever to call Cable-plus phone and J:COM PHONE plus.
- It charged monthly basic rates separately.
- In the case to calls Cable-plus phone and J:COM PHONE plus.
- It is total lines Cable-plus phone and J:COM PHONE plus at 1 st February 2021.
- Advantage 4
- Earn more savings by the combined use of Cable-plus Phone and au mobile phone!
¥100 discount on monthly basic rates by subscribing to the "Cable-plus Phone discount" with the set of "au mobile phone"!
Under the condition that a contractor has registered the au mobile phone number as KDDI's contact phone number, if this contractor and the contractor of the au mobile phone are the same person, or if this contractor and the contractor of the au mobile phone have the same address or live in the same place, the "Cable-plus Phone discount" with the set of "au mobile phone" which reduces ¥110 from monthly usage charges will be applied.
Please note that, however, the discount is not applied to the following cases.
- If this au mobile phone number is not registered, or its usage is suspended (excluding cases of "emergency network suspension", "discontinuation" and "halt of international calls" due to loss or other accidents) on a date specified by KDDI in each month.
- If an application for change and cancellation concerning the contractor's mobile phone number registered to KDDI, or the initiation of the use of a new au mobile phone through the mobile phone number portability service (including a case of cancellation if multiple phone numbers are registered) has not been submitted.
- au mobile phones include mobile phones of Okinawa Cellular (au prepaid mobile phones are not eligible).
Furthermore, more discounts are available on domestic calls by subscribing to the "au Collective Talk"!
- With "au Collective Talk," domestic calls become free for 24 hours
- With the use of "au → My Home Discount", domestic calls made from your au mobile phone to your home become free for 24 hours.
- Advantage 5
- Easy to use!
You can continue using the current phone number of NTT subscriber phone and telephone equipment. There is no change in the way you make calls. Convenient functions equivalent to those offered for NTT subscriber phone are available.
No need to change phone number and telephone equipment
Cable-plus Phone can be used just like your current phone!
- Local calls, in-prefecture long distance calls, out-of-prefecture calls, international calls, calls to IP phones, calls to mobile phones and PHS, and emergency calls (110, 118, and 119) are all available .
- KDDI performs a necessary procedure to halt the NTT East or NTT West subscriber phone service through MNP (Mobile Number Portability) on behalf of customers .
- Total charges including basic rates and calling charges are billed by individual cable television companies.
- When making a call to 110 (police), 118 (Japan Coast Guard) and 119 (fire station), a contractor's address, name and phone number are notified to a callee (the police, the Japan Coast Guard or the fire station). This applies to all contractors in the current service area of the Cable-plus Phone service.
- The construction cost to halt the subscriber phone service (¥2,200) will be charged by NTT East or NTT West.
- Fax service is basically available.
- ISDN communication is unavailable in this service.
- Unavailable in the event of a power failure (Use a mobile phone, PHS or nearby public phone.).
- Terms and conditions
See below for terms and conditions of the Cable-plus Phone service.
- All of the indicated amounts include tax unless otherwise specified.