This is an Internet-based voice communication service using "050" numbers.
This service features lower calling rates. For instance, calls made between subscribers become free.
Calls made between subscribers are free. Discounts are also available on domestic and international calls.
- Advantage 1
- Lower calling rates!
You can save calling rates through the use of KDDI-IP Phone.
Calls made between subscribers are free! Discounts are also available on domestic calls to non-subscribers as well as international calls and calls made to mobile phones.
Calls made between subscribers are free!
Uniform rate of ¥8.8 (tax included) per 3minutes is applied to domestic calls to anywhere throughout the country.
International calls to the U.S. mainland cost ¥9 per minute (tax free)!
- Advantage 2
- A wide variety of partners
KDDI IP phone service offers free calls to users subscribing to other companies' IP phone service.
- Advantage 3
- Clear Voice Quality
You can enjoy the same clear sound quality as a conventional phone system.
Try KDDI-IP Phone!
For technical reasons regarding the IP phone system, the voice quality of IP phone is critically affected by the Internet connection and various factors in the customer's residence. KDDI strives hard to keep up the quality, but under the following conditions the voice quality of IP phone may be negatively affected.
- When the Internet traffic drastically increases
- When the actual download speed of the Internet becomes less than 500 kbps
- During the high congestion period in the night (particularly from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.)
- When large data is communicated via FTP
- When a device that radiates strong electromagnetic waves such as a microwave oven is located around the phone cable
- Advantage 4
- Easy to use!
This service becomes available simply by connecting an IP phone modem  to the existing phone equipment.
As an IP phone and the existing phone are concomitantly used, there is no need to change your phone number. A new phone number starting from "050" is provided for the use of IP phone in addition to the existing phone number.
- You can use either an IP phone modem provided by a service provider for rental, an IP phone adaptor (provided by KDDI for rental), or an IP phone compatible device (provided by NTT East/NTT West for rental or purchase).
If customers use KDDI-IP Phone through the dedicated line for the Internet connection (e.g. optical fiber line) and do not subscribe to a general subscriber phone, the following numbers are not accessible.
- Emergency numbers such as 110 and 119
- KDDI Customer Service Center (0077-777/0077-7084 etc.)
- Numbers that are inaccessible from IP phones (including the above-mentioned numbers)
- If you attempt to make calls to these numbers, please use a general subscriber phone, mobile phone, or PHS.
- Customers who use an IP phone concomitantly with the existing phone can make calls to these numbers through general subscriber phone lines.
Customers using au one net can click the following link to get information on KDDI-IP Phone.