Sustainability Promotion Framework
The President of the KDDI serves as the chair with the remaining committee members made up of the executive directors and general KDDI's Approach and Guidelines on Corporate Governance managers of all the businesses and corporate sectors, the Audit & Supervisory Board members of KDDI, and the President of the KDDI Foundation. The committee considers sustainability to be a pillar of company-wide business strategies.
Improvements in sustainability are incorporated into company-wide KPIs and are linked to executive remuneration and bonuses for all employees.
Major Issues Addressed by the Sustainability Committee in FY2021 (Convened in September and March)
- Reporting results for material KPIs
- Examining and approving initiatives for SDGs promotion
- Reporting progress on SDGs by all businesses and corporate sectors as well as the KDDI Group companies
- Progress report on the entire KDDI Group initiatives to achieve carbon neutrality
- Formulate materiality issues in the mid-term management strategy (2022-24), and deliberate and approve sustainability targets
- Formulating and approving a draft of FY2022 sustainability promotion plan
The KDDI Group Philosophy/KDDI Code of Conduct
The KDDI Group Philosophy, Group-wide Efforts
FY2021 Results of Our Actions
KDDI Group Philosophy study sessions
|Executive director study group||Total number of sessions: 4|
|Leader study group||Total number of sessions: 26
Total number of participants: 2,330
|Member study group||Total number of sessions: 98
Total number of participants: 10,842
|New-hire training||Total number of sessions: 14|
Training for new recruits (for regular employees)
"Compliance: basic practices"
E-learning (for regular employees)
- "Insider Trading Regulations"
- "Preventing Misrepresentation"
- "Unconscious Bias"
- "Power Harassment"
Distribution of web shortcuts related to the KDDI Code of Business
Conduct to business mobile devices
- For executives, regular and contract employees, temporary staff, and subcontracted employees who have been given business mobile devices
Survey about the Business Ethics Helpline
- For regular and contract employees, temporary staff, and subcontracted employees
- Period: December 2021
- Results: 86% awareness of the Business Ethics Helpline
Group companies' training on governance
- For executives of group companies, etc.
- Number of participants: 86
- Evaluation: Satisfied 100%
- Mid-Term Sustainability Targets
- President's Message
- KDDI's Commitment to Sustainability
- KDDI's SDGs
- Integrated Sustainability and Financial Report
- ESG data
- Community Cooperation (in Japanese only)
- Social Contribution Activities
- Sustainability News (in Japanese only)
- External Recognition/Initiatives