KDDI lets you call overseas from the street corners of Japan. You can make international calls using public telephones by either directly dialing the party you want or by having an English-speaking operator connect you.
You can make international calls via public telephones by using coins, your NTT telephone card, or an IC card.
- International call charges are calculated by 100-yen unit.
- When using a public phone, use 100-yen coins or IC or magnetic-stripe telephone cards with at least 10 units remaining.
- Some public phones restrict international calls. For further information, please contact NTT.
- If the overseas telephone number you wish to call begins with 0, do not include the 0 when dialing. (There may be some exceptions.)
- Service may be unavailable depending on overseas facilities.
- Service may be unavailable depending on satellite terminal/equipment conditions.