Special Feature: Aiming for a New Stage of Growth
Beginning in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020, KDDI reorganized its business segments to better align with its future business vision, creating the Personal Services segment, which provides services to individual consumers, and the Business Services segment, which offers services to corporate customers.
In addition to growth strategies for both business segments, we explain our 5G Strategy that will support KDDI's growth over the medium term.
In a mature communications market in Japan, strong growth in au subscribers is unlikely. Nonetheless, KDDI aims to sustain growth though "the integration of telecommunications and life design" by developing the Life Design Business with concentric rings entailing commerce, finance, energy, entertainment, and education, around a core of the domestic telecommunications business and its customer base.
Mobile telecommunications are on the verge of transitioning from 4G to 5G technology. In line with "creating innovation toward the 5G era," one of our business strategies under the new medium-term management plan, KDDI will advance business strategies that view 5G as a new growth opportunity.
Moreover, by deploying 5G in regional revitalization, KDDI aims to be "a company that contributes to the sustained growth of society" by solving social issues framed by the SDGs.
Society is undergoing dramatic changes amid advances in IoT and AI technologies, as well as a digital transformation (DX). In this period of change, KDDI is using IoT to help customers realize their DX and expanding business globally by working with them to create recurring business models.
- Integrated Report 2019 (Online Version)
- Interview with Management
- Realizing Sustained Growth and Medium- and Long-Term Improvement in Corporate Value
- The Path of Value Creation
- Risks and Growth Opportunities
- Medium-Term Management Plan (FY2020.3-FY2022.3)
- Special Feature: Aiming for a New Stage of Growth
- The Integration of Telecommunications and Life Design
- New Growth Opportunities and Solutions for Social Issues with 5G
- Business Expansion through Collaboration with Partners
- Messages from Outside Directors
- KDDI's Sustainability
- Activities by Segment: Personal Services Segment
- Activities by Segment: Life Design Services Segment
- Activities by Segment: Business Services Segment
- Activities by Segment: Global Services Segment
- The Japanese Market and KDDI: Characteristics of the Domestic Market
- The Japanese Market and KDDI: KDDI's Domestic Status
- Management Policy
- Corporate Governance
- IR Documents
- Financial Data
- Stock & Ratings
- IR News
- IR Calendar
- The Japanese Market and KDDI