The Path of Value Creation
- Retaining a strong customer base inside and outside Japan
(As of March 31, 2019/Personal Services Segment)
- Mobile ID subscriptions
- 26.95 million
- FTTH subscriptions
- 4.45 million
- CATV RGU  households
- 5.48 million
- Global Consumer Business
- No.1 in domestic shares in both Myanmar and Mongolia
- Touchpoints both online and offline
(As of March 31, 2019)
- Develop new pricing plans ahead of the industry
- Nov. 2003
- Industry's first flat-rate packet service introduced
- Mar. 2012
- Launch of "au Smart Value" and "au Smart Pass"
- Jul. 2017
- Start of "au Pitatto Plan" and "au Flat Plan"
- Aug. 2018
- Start of "au Flat Plan 25 Netflix Pack"
- Jul. 2019
- Start of "au Data MAX Plan"
- No.1 in brand strength and customer satisfaction and in both corporate and individual services
- Share among NTT DOCOMO, INC. (NTT DOCOMO), SoftBank Corp. (SoftBank), and KDDI + Okinawa Cellular Telephone Company (au)
- Results for fiscal years ended March 31. Figures up to the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014 are based on Japanese GAAP and figures for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015 onward are based on IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- On a closing price basis for the end of October 2000 to the end of March 2019 (monthly)
- CAGR: Compound Average Growth Rate
- RGU: Revenue Generating Units. Each household's subscription to CATV, highspeed Internet connection, or telephony services each represent one RGU.
- J.D. Power 2016-2018 Mobile Phone Service Satisfaction Study. The 2018 study is based on responses from 27,600 mobile phone users in Japan.
- J.D. Power 2018-2019 Low-Cost Smartphone Service Satisfaction Study. Based on the survey conducted in FY2019 responses from 4,000 users who bought and use smartphones or SIM cards with service from contracted operators.
- J.D. Power 2016-2018 Business Mobile Phone Service Satisfaction Study. The 2018 survey is based on 2,890 responses received from 2,287 companies with 100 or more employees.
The four sources of KDDI's value are its "customer base," "touchpoints," "innovativeness," and "brand strength" that have been built over the years since its establishment. We will further refine and enhance these sources of value and optimally allocate the Company's management resources to maximize KDDI's corporate value. In doing so, we aim to achieve our medium-term management plan for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022.
KDDI's Surrounding Business Environment
- Comprehensive verification of competition rules in the telecommunications business field
- Complete separation of telecommunication fees and handset prices
- Consumption tax hike, expansion of cashless settlement
- Development of economic and social infrastructure for the Tokyo Olympics
- Declining birth rate and aging population/Shrinking population
- Decrease in local labor force, Regional revitalization
- 5G service starts
- Development of technologies such as IoT and AI
- Accelerating use of big data for a data-driven society
- Strengthening measures against cyber terrorism
- Further popularization of smartphone use
- Expansion of sharing
- Expansion of fintech market
- Diversification of SNS
- Entry of new business operators into MNO  and price competition
- Expansion of business to fields beyond telecommunications
- Accelerate collaboration with partner companies for 5G
- Homogenization of services offered by mobile companies
- MNO (Mobile Network Operator)
- CAGR (Compound Average Growth Rate)
- Except KDDI shares owned by executives' compensation BIP Trust Account and ESOP Trust Account
- Integrated Report 2019 (Online Version)
- Interview with Management
- Realizing Sustained Growth and Medium- and Long-Term Improvement in Corporate Value
- The Path of Value Creation
- Risks and Growth Opportunities
- Medium-Term Management Plan (FY2020.3-FY2022.3)
- Special Feature: Aiming for a New Stage of Growth
- The Integration of Telecommunications and Life Design
- New Growth Opportunities and Solutions for Social Issues with 5G
- Business Expansion through Collaboration with Partners
- Messages from Outside Directors
- KDDI's Sustainability
- Activities by Segment: Personal Services Segment
- Activities by Segment: Life Design Services Segment
- Activities by Segment: Business Services Segment
- Activities by Segment: Global Services Segment
- The Japanese Market and KDDI: Characteristics of the Domestic Market
- The Japanese Market and KDDI: KDDI's Domestic Status
- Management Policy
- Corporate Governance
- IR Documents
- Financial Data
- Stock & Ratings
- IR News
- IR Calendar
- The Japanese Market and KDDI